Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I stand corrected....

While eating supper tonight at Casa Del Rey, my children were getting rather boisterous. I was seated next to Lily and sternly told her, "You need to be quiet. We are in a restaurant", thinking to myself, "Well, that should take care of that". She paused for a moment, looked at me and primly replied, "Actually, this is a public building". What a little stinker. She just finished her snack of fresh tomatoes, popular among the 3 year old set ......and is snuggled in to her bed in this non-public building. As I was shutting the door to her bedroom she calls out, "Don't let the bed bugs bite or the puppies and go to the pet store and get me a puppy". She is going to be the master manipulator. How can I be expected to resist this....

So for now, I am off to bed hoping to get enough sleep that maybe, just maybe, tomorrow I will be able to outsmart my three year old.

No comments: