Thursday, June 3, 2010

The scene of the crime...

Today the girls and I did something I have been wanting to do for quite some time now.
We took a little stroll along the bike path.
We stopped because Lily thought, "This would be a good place for you to take our picture, Mama, because it's nice and quiet," so I did ...
We continued along the path talking about killer whales. Lily said, "Shampoo is a killer whale." "Shamu, not shampoo, Lily," Grace corrected. To which Lily matter-of-factly replied, "Oh yeah, shampoo is soap." Hearing a woodpecker was especially thrilling. Lily exclaimed, "I've never hear-ed a woodpecker peck before." And then warned us, "Watch out for red. A woodpecker might want to peck us." I assured her that would not happen as we are not trees. Not convinced, she told me, "They might think we are small trees."
We were not mistaken for trees and before long, we had arrived at our destination... Right here...
On this very bridge...
In this very spot...
Just over 12 years ago, Jason asked me to marry him.
Best decision I ever made...

No comments: