Monday, September 27, 2010

Rockin' The 80's...

At long last, the weekend that has been in the works for some time now was upon us. It was time for Josh's 80's themed 30th birthday party and Dad, aka, The Party Unit was well prepared...
Things started off normal and tame with the opening of gifts...And then things took a turn and what happened from that point on cannot be adequately described with any words I possess in my vocabulary. Outlandish ensembles, candy cigarettes, karaoke nightmares, new friends at the Apple Valley American Legion. I feel it best to just allow the pictures to tell the story, perhaps the greatest story to ever be told...
Thank you Josh for being born and allowing us this occasion that would never have happened without you. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would get to see my mother dressed as a Cyndi Lauper/Madonna mash up, my father in a mullet wig, or my aunt in leopard print tights. Never did I think the Apple Valley American Legion could be so much fun. Never have I laughed quite as hard nor been quite so amazed at the lengths people will go to in the costume department. While I cannot claim the title of "Best Costume" that I so desperately (and as it turns out foolishly) hoped for, one title I can claim is that of "The Luckiest Sister". It was a great party for a great guy. Happy Birthday little brother! I love you.

No comments: