Monday, July 21, 2008

The Griswalds' Visit Alexandria.......






Well, this last weekend was our annual family pilgrimage. Typically we venture to the Brainerd, MN area but this year we really stepped out of the box and headed to Arrowwood Resort in beautiful Alexandria, MN. Our days were filled with swimming at the indoor waterpark, Sheila and I schooling everyone else (but mainly Kim and Mom) in the art of playing Sequence, throwing bean bags at small holes and just having an overall good time. There of course was lots of eating. It wouldn't be a Carter/Paa family vacation without an obscene amount of food. My personal highlight of the trip was one that I didn't even get to experience with my own eyes but thankfully Jason was there and saw the whole thing. The drip tray from Dad's griddle fell out as he was trying to put the griddle back up on the cabinets and all the egg and pancake bits fell on his head. Man, I wish I could have seen it but I laugh every time I imagine it!

No comments: