Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lily of the Valley















Nothing new going on at our house so I thought I would use this post to list 10 things or reasons why I just love Lily so "berry" much. Obviously there are more than ten but these are the ones that were on the top of my head! You can look for Ella and Grace's lists in the future! So, without further ado, the Top Ten Things I Love About Lily Jane:

10. Her incredible language skills: "Those shoes are adorable." "I just love broccoli. It's delicious." "Do you have an appointment, Grandma?". Sometimes it's hard to remember she is only two. But then she says something like "You're a dooty head." or "That poopy looks like a fish." and then you remember.

9. She gives the greatest, most snuggly hugs in the world. Anyone who has been on the receiving end can attest to this, I am sure.

8. Her most unusual taste in food-some of her favorites are mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes, banana peppers, tuna, olives, clam chowder, pistachios (a very recently discovered favorite) and pickles.

7. Her complete faith and trust in Jason and I. We can make anything better with just a kiss. In fact, we can even take the owie right off of her and throw it away and in her mind, it really is gone. She also fully believes that we will "save her" from the horribly frightening crickets that live in the garage and from Harley, the big golden retriever across the street.

6. Her manner of speaking, "OK, can I have a gumball?" "What's this thing-gee?" and my personal favorite, how she says "Caaaaannnn I" before just about every request.

5. Her complete and utter fear of rubbery toys and "hairy" balls. It may be slightly cruel but sometimes we try to hand her one when she is unsuspecting and she physically shudders. It's pretty funny.

4. She frequently will come up to Jason or I, out of the blue, and say, "I love you berry much." Of course, she does this a lot while she is supposed to be eating and uses it as a diversion.

3. How much she idolizes her big sisters and loves being one of the girls. It always makes my day when I hear her say "Hey guys!".

2. How adorable she looks when she puts her head down on the table and folds her hands when she says her "Dear Gods".

1. The fact that it is impossible for me to look at her without smiling and having my day feel just a little bit brighter.
Oh, and I thought of two more so I guess it's the Top 12 reasons:
*Her "fat lips"
*When her smile seems bigger than her face
I love you Lily, my little moocher.

No comments: