Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Mommy!

We just returned home following our big family date~The Tooth Fairy (really cute movie, by the way) and dinner at Cherry Creek. We had a fabulous time (Ella said this was the best day ever) but were glad to make it home in time to wish my mommy, Mrs. Vickie Lynn Hopp Carter a happy birthday! The world became a much better place 50 something years ago. You are a wonderful mom, an awesome grandma, a so-so Sequence player, a slightly confused word pronouncer, an interesting dancer and one of my most favorite people in the whole world. We love you very much!

Dear Mom, I have searched and searched for the perfect quote to end this posting and was unable to find a single one that seemed even the least bit suitable. I wish I had the words to express my gratitude to you and my love for you but I'm not sure it is possible. Without your guidance, love and support, my life would be indescribably different. As a baby girl, a little girl and a teenage girl, I did not appreciate and frequently raged against the very characteristics that I now try to model with my own daughters. As each day goes by and as my girls progress through their babyhood, little girlhood and soon into their teenagehood, I understand more and more the sacrifice, joy, grief, pride, fear, strength and love that truly goes into being a mom. Never could I have understood the depth of emotion that comes with being a mother. Thank you for always loving me, never giving up on me, for keeping your sense of humor and for instilling in me the knowledge that no matter how grown up and independent I am, I will always need and can always count on my mom

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Jess,
Each time I check your blog I either laugh or cry. This one was a kleenex moment. It's great! I truly enjoy your adventurous spirit and your wonderful sense of humor. Keep on writing.
Phyllis (Melissa Hudson's Aunt)