Monday, February 1, 2010

The Wonderful World Of Lily....

Lily's life is quite a whirlwind of interesting activities and "conbersations". Recently Grace discovered Lily had been using her deodorant. Grace informed Lily this was not OK and told her, "Lily, you need to leave my deodorant alone." Lily very solemnly replied, "OK Grace. I promise I will leave your deodorant alone. I pinky swear we will not this conbersation again." As we all know, pinky swears are the most meaningful oaths a 3 year old can utter and Lily has upheld her word. Thankfully, Grace's deodorant has been safe since that "conbersation".

Just the other day we were driving aimlessly trying to find a place to dine. Suddenly out of the backseat, Lily pipes up, "But I can't get a dip it (fried) egg there." I asked her, "Where?" to which she responded, "IHOP." When I told her that yes she could get a dip it egg at IHOP, she informed me, "No, you can't Mom. They have all you can eat pancakes. I saw it on TV." It then occurred to me that IHOP had been advertising their "All You Can Eat Pancakes" special and Lily must have interpreted that as "if you come here, all you can eat is pancakes." I wonder if business has declined for them as this ad campaign is obviously incredibly misleading.

Other big Lily-related news...

*Last Thursday, she became the proud new owner of an inside tomato plant. She is a tomato fiend and watches the "Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter" infomercial with the focus usually only reserved for Spongebob viewing. While strolling though Hy-Vee early last week, Jason noticed indoor tomato plants and Lily immediately began to covet them. When we returned for our 2nd weekly visit, the plants were on sale and it seemed like fate. She has been faithfully checking on her plant each day and is eagerly anticipating her first crop. *Wednesday is a day Lily has been looking forward to for the past month. It will be her first of four dance classes. She is so excited and has already decided that her hot pink tutu is the only reasonable attire. I think I may be even more excited than she is. Dancing is something that she has been interested in pursuing for some time now and we happened to find this class that sounds perfect for her. If her skill level matches her interest level, she is going to have to figure out a way to combine her two great loves~dancing and cowboy girling.

*And finally, Saturday is another big day for Lil. She has been invited to her good friend, Emily's birthday party. This may officially mark her entrance into big girl hood. She thoughtfully pick out the perfect gift and I'm sure the remainder of the week will be a countdown to the fiesta.

Clearly, it's Lily's world and we all just live in it.

No comments: