Friday, October 15, 2010

Lily, Ms. Star of the Week...

Lily Jane was declared her preschool's Star of the Week and I kind of thought, "Duh!" Just look at her...
If that's not star quality, I don't know what is.
I took her to McDonald's for lunch today~partly to celebrate her stardom but mostly because she was so very clever when she suggested it. It went a little something like this:
Me: "Lily, I think we will have grilled cheese sandwiches and vegetable soup for lunch today."
Lily: "Maybe we should just go to McDonald's. Then you wouldn't have to make anything for lunch and you could have your favorite cheeseburger."
Me: "Well, I probably wouldn't have a cheeseburger."
Lily: "Well, then I could have my favorite cheeseburger."

How could I argue with that sort of logic? Her pure, unadulterated joy (and that is not an exaggeration, she was seriously stoked) totally makes up for the slight nausea that I am feeling right now. In Lily's world, McDonald's=Love.
Following lunch and quick run through the virus filled abyss that is the McDonald's playland, we headed to school so that I could read Lily's class her favorite story, "Dinosaurs Love Underpants". Of course, that would be her favorite book and I felt like a total fool reading it to nine four year olds but she loves the book and I love her so that's just the way it goes. She sat beside me giggling through all 24 pages.
Between her wonderful observations on everything she says, always conveyed with that slight little lisp that sounds so sweet, her beautiful heart, her quick sense of humor and her awe-filled take on life in general, Lily is nothing short of a wonder. She makes my days brighter, my thoughts happier and my world completely complete. I love her even more than dinosaurs love underpants (and if you haven't had the opportunity to read the book yet, I think I can safely tell you without ruining the ending, dinosaurs REALLY love underpants).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Lily just before the last writing is my favorite. Its a treasure and am hoping to get it into my album