Thursday, December 15, 2011

Results...

No change.  Along with "Will you marry me?", "It's a girl!" and "Let's just go out for supper tonight." this is easily one of my favorite things anyone has ever said to me.

What "no change" means is that my brain MRI looks essentially just the same as it did four months ago which was the best possible news I could have been given.  I know that does not mean I am out of the woods yet.  It is the neurologist's recommendation that I have another MRI in 6-12 months and assuming that one shows no change, another one a year later.  MS is a condition that can take months or even years to develop and you can begin treating it as soon as you know it's there which greatly improves your prognosis.

However, I am not going to worry about 6 months from now, 12 months from now or 24 months from now.  Today I received the news I've been praying for and for that I am so relieved, humbled and thankful.  So very thankful.  Today is a great day.

No comments: