Friday, February 27, 2009

Scissoring 101....

Yesterday Lily participated in her introductory class in Scissoring. This was her first time using a scissors and she loved making large pieces of paper into teeny tiny pieces of paper.

While watching her learn this new skill, I noticed something that made me wonder....is it possible for little children to use a scissors without opening their own mouth while simultaneously opening the scissors?

It was involuntary and very, very funny to watch. Open the scissors, open the mouth and repeat! Much like watching Jason feed the girls when they were babies. He would open his mouth as he was bringing the spoon to their lips as if he were eating the food himself. Also much like me right now opening my mouth as I am typing this and as maybe you while you are reading???

It is my hope this introduction to the fine art of scissoring does not lead to a haircut like the one Grace so graciously gave her baby sister, Ella four years ago!

Wishing you all a fantastic weekend and a lifetime of good hair days!


No comments: