Sunday, February 1, 2009

Highlights of the week....

Another busy week is coming to a close and I am too tired to write a full entry with paragraphs and everything so here are some of the highlights of our week:

*FISH REPLACEMENT: A trip to Walmart was in order for Dorothy's replacement so that was our mission on Sunday after Mass. Ella perused the entire fish population and with no hesitation, made her selection. Our new friend was immediately dubbed, Flicka, and is currently resting comfortably in her new home. Flicka is actually a he but Ella says she can make it a she if she wants! I mean, really, how can you tell if it is a boy fish or a girl fish anyway?

*LILY THE STORYTELLER: Lily continues on her path to becoming a bigger storyteller than her Papa~I was in the shower and Lily came in eating a piece of beef jerky. When asked what she was doing, she replied, "I'm having a beef stick. Dad said I could". This would be just fine except for the minor fact that Jason was not home. When I reminded her of this, she very quickly and smoothly informed me, "Dad called and said I could have it. He is going to call you back in three minutes". If she keeps her stories up like this, she will take over the crown from Papa in no time!

*JOHN'S NEW KNEE: Jason's Dad's knee replacement surgery went off without a hitch and he is going to be back to 100% before we know it. Love and prayers to him while he continues to recover!

*ELLA'S GLOVES: While visiting John in the hospital, the girls each scored themselves a pair of surgical gloves. This was a highlight for the girls as they play hospital at home all the time and this piece makes it just a bit more official. The highlight for me was when I looked over at Ella while we were eating supper at Fryn' Pan and saw that she was wearing them while she was eating. Only Ella!

*JAKE'S PIZZA: No further comments necessary!

*GRANDMA THE WARRIOR: The girls were taken by surprise on Saturday when Grandma ambushed them with a pillow fight. They laughed and laughed until I thought they were going to pee their pants (Grandma included)! Of course, Grandma didn't know her own strength and knocked Ella over but they recovered nicely and kept on fighting until I called for cease fire. I know I am not a fun Bobby but I could just see Mom breaking an arm, hip or some other necessary part of her body.

*GRACE, FUTURE SPORTSCASTER: We were watching the tail end of the Super Bowl and Jason had missed the final Cardinal's touchdown and exclaimed, "Oh the Cardinals are winning!". Grace was quick to very prissily inform him, "Yeah, Dad, they got a homerun!". DUH! Boy did she tell him!

Wishing you all a week full of highlights!

No comments: