Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ella's playground showdown...

Monday Ella had an interesting day on the playground. When I picked her up from school, I asked her what she did during recess. She said she walked around a little while by herself because she claimed, "I needed a little alone time." After the much needed alone time, she decided to give the playground equipment a little whirl. It was then that she was faced with a bit of situation. It went a little something like this-in her words:

Today I went down to the green equipment to play. A boy, a kindergartner, said, "No girls allowed." Then he told me "I know karate." I told him, "What will probably happen if you hit me is that I will tell a teacher." He said, "I know your little secrets." I said, "No you don't. You don't have my brain."

I was chuckling to myself as Ella relayed her story to me and when she finished I asked her, "Did you really say that to him?" To which she coolly replied, "Yeah, he needed to learn his lesson."

That's my girl. Take that Karate Kid.

"It is not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time. , and few accomplish it after the age of six."~John W. Gardner and Francesca Gardner Reese

No comments: