Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Golden Birthday to the Golden Boy!



On this day, twenty nine years ago, I am sure the sun was shining as Joshua Ryan Carter, my baby brother, arrived in this world. Being five years apart, Josh and I didn't hang out a whole lot. He will tell you that my friends and I used him as a "dummy" to practice our gymnastic tricks out in the yard and that I made him duck down while driving him anywhere for fear of being seen with my baby brother. He will also tell a ridiculous story about how Jeremy and I made him sit on the floor of the car all the way to Florida. Back in the day, I may have looked at Josh as my pesky little brother but things have changed and these days, I count him as one of my closest and best friends. I talk to him more than I talk to almost anyone else and he makes me laugh almost every single conversation. He doesn't get too mad when I tease him about his little quirks~hunching over his plate while eating as if someone is going to come along and take his last bite, sticking his thumbs out while dancing and texting incessantly are my top three favorites. Josh loves to play games so I always have someone to play Skip-Bo with when we are in STJ but he always forces me to play Scrabble which doesn't make any sense because I always beat him. He is a fantastic and extremely thoughtful uncle and the girls just love him to pieces. He calls me out when I am acting stupid and calls me back when I hang up on him.

Josh is an actor, a karaoke phenom, a Target employee, a ray of sunshine, a bit of a storyteller, a thoughtful gift giver, an avid texter, our family historian contributing both true and somewhat fabricated memories, a dog lover without a dog, an extrovert to the nth degree, my fashion consultant, a party planner, Teddy Ruxpin's biggest fan, a mild hypochondriac, a former homecoming king, a witty jokester and a huge fan of sushi. But one of his most important roles is my brother and for that I am eternally grateful. I love him very much. Happy Birthday Joshy!

"A brother is a friend given by Nature."~Jean Baptiste Legouve

1 comment:

Natalie and Wayne's Blog! said...

Very well put! He is an awesome guy :)