Monday, December 14, 2009

All Ella wants for Christmas.....

Friday afterschool, Ella hopped into the car and informed me her front tooth was about to fall out. Upon further inspection once we arrived home, I determined she was totally correct and her tooth was very loose. So loose that when she closed her mouth, the tooth stuck out between her lips, causing her to look like an adorable hillbilly.
I attempted to tug it out to no avail and Ella went to work, trying to loosen it up even more so Daddy could pop it out with nothing more than a slight nudge.
When he arrived home, he gave it a test run and determined he could get it out but not without some effort. At that declaration, Ella decided to hold off on the yanking and continue to work on it on her own. It wasn't too long before she came to us and stated, "I think I just want you to pull it. I don't want to look like a hilly-bill anymore." Jason, of course, was happy to oblige and with just a few yelps and tears, Ella was one tooth short (but still looks the slightest bit like a hilly-bill or hillbilly, in my opinion).
She has now been singing, "All I want for Christmas is my one front tooth." I have a sneaking suspicion that Santa will not be able to deliver on this one request. Hopefully he will pull through with the guitar that she also wants!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today marks the birth of my wonderful aunt, Kimmie! Ella just asked the other day, "Is Kimmie our aunt or great aunt?" When I told her Kim is my aunt and their great aunt, she replied, "Kimmie is a great aunt." I couldn't agree more! Kim has been there for me during all my ups and downs. I know I can count on her for advice, to be a stellar board game partner (or a tough adversary), to provide a delicious recipe or to share a laugh. On this momentous occasion, we would like to take this opportunity to say we love you so very much and Happy Birthday to our GREAT aunt Kimmie!
">
"Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, keep secrets like a sister and share love like a friend."~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Sneha said...

Hiya! the pics are amazing and it looks like you have one helluva family! liked reading your posts..