Wednesday, April 28, 2010

GREAT Plains Zoo, Indeed....

Lily has been desperate for a trip to the zoo ever since Spring sprung. I made up my mind earlier this week that today was the day, rain or shine. OK, rain would have stopped me but the wind did not. My little shadow and I spent the morning strolling around the zoo grounds, unhurried and without a care in the world. The animals must have been anticipating our visit and wanted to put on a show for their favorite fan. All the creatures, big and small, were so much fun to watch but even more fun to watch was Lily as she laughed, gazed in amazement, spoke Dr. Doolittle style to all the animals she encountered and delightfully scampered from one exhibit to the next as though it was her first trip ever. "The zoo is my favorite place to go!", she exclaimed and I totally believe her.
She chased down the free to roam the grounds peacocks...

spent many minutes watching the very funny monkeys wrestle...and was amazed when the duck she was admiring stood up to reveal four perfect eggs she had been protecting.... I played amateur nature photographer.... And am expecting a call from National Geographic anytime now.

Lily posed with the tiger...
the wrought iron bears... the wallaby...her favorite bird of all time, Paco... a pretty white tree... the wolf... and this creature, very rarely seen in the wild and extremely difficult to capture in photographs...

Lily happily fed the goats and cows... starred in a movie with a giraffe... And even banged a gong... We couldn't have asked for a better morning and I couldn't ask for a better "zoo-mate" than this one...

No comments: