Friday, April 15, 2011

Long time no see...

The Kolb household has been busy lately~there's just no two ways about it.  I'd been thinking that Spring was a nice, relaxing season of hanging around, enjoying the nice weather and endless amounts of free time with walks and bike rides around the neighborhood.  I'm not sure where I got that idea because all this Spring has brought with it is really unfriendly weather and lots of school year end wrap up events.  I've landed on several committees at school: book fair, year-end party, talent show and 5th grade party.  In addition to meeting after meeting for those committees, we've got Girl Scouts and soccer to figure into the equation.  Add in Jason's ridiculously busy work schedule and all of the other day to day business and we've had very little time for leisure. 

Fortunately, all of these activities and events are by our choosing and we enjoy each and every one of them.  Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to document these moments.  However, I have caught a few images on camera and have included them for your viewing pleasure.

Here are my favorite subjects assisting me in testing out my new camera...

 Although Ella has been rained out for her first two games, the clouds parted long enough for Lily to play.  With a smile from ear to ear, she ran, kicked and scored...

This past Saturday we were thrilled to celebrate the engagement of Clifford (Jason's older brother) and his lovely fiance, Shelly.  It was a fantastic night and we couldn't be more excited for the main event next April...
Jason was so excited about it all, he even serenaded the happy couple much to the delight of the crowd...

With the weatherman forecasting nothing but bad news for days, Lily and I decided to take advantage of the one nice day this week and hit our favorite destination, the zoo.  Kindergarten is calling and our afternoons spent visiting the animals will be coming to an end.  I'm sincerely hoping that we can squeeze in one or two more trips before school dismisses for the year because these afternoons are truly among my favorite times. 

And how could they not be when I have this adorable sidekick...

Overwhelmed, scattered, inadequate~all feelings I've had lately.  It's easy to become bogged down in the minutiae of life.  However, when I step back and take a breath I realize it is the little things, the details, the soccer games, Girl Scout meetings, math homework and trips to the grocery store that make up this wonderful, hectic life that I have been blessed with and I wouldn't want to miss a moment of it.  My life is full.  Full of activities, cleaning, chauffeuring, listening, disciplining, meetings and errands.  But more than anything it is full of laughter, happiness and love~for that I am thankful.

No comments: