Saturday, May 7, 2011

Perfect...

On this eve of Mother's Day, I am happy.  It has been a perfect day~weather-wise and otherwise.  Soccer, Girl Scout picnic, laying in the sun reading a book, watching Lily hone her newest skill of riding her bike sans training wheels, birthday shopping and a nice steak dinner to cap it all off.  At this moment Grace, Ella and Lily are running around the house.  I'm not sure why but I do know that each time they pass by the window, all I see are big smiles.  A more perfect day could not have been planned. 

Why am I so lucky?  I don't know but I do know that on days like this, it is abundantly clear that I am and I can only hope that I can do justice to all the blessings in my life.

Tomorrow I will call my mom and thank her for providing me with the life, love and opportunities that she provided me.  I will attempt to let her know how much she means to me and how she is one of my very best friends.  These wishes will come nowhere even close to touching the gratefulness I carry in my heart. 

Tomorrow I will hug Jason's mother and thank her for being the stellar mom that she is.  I will be so very thankful for the love she provided to her son which in turn taught him to be the man he is.  However, no sentiment I could utter will sufficiently thank her for her love and all it has brought to my life.

Tomorrow I will happily accept the hugs and kisses from my girls and I will realize that in all my planning, hoping and dreaming I could never have crafted a more perfect life.  And again, no matter what I do or say, I could never be able to put into words what my girls mean to me.  How their laughter makes my world so much brighter.  How their trust in me fills me with a confidence I've never known.  How watching their accomplishments and milestones make me more proud than I ever thought possible.  How being able to live life with them beside me is the only way I could live it.  They make every step worthwhile.  I can only hope that through my actions, some day they will know how very precious they are to me.

Ups and downs.  Laughter and tears.  I love yous and you're the meanest mom ever.  Wonderful dreams and terrible nightmares.  It just doesn't matter.  I am a mother through it all~today, tomorrow, always.  It truly is the best job in the world and I'm just so happy to fill the position.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: