Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First surf and now turf.....

Sunday had us experiencing the surf and yesterday Jason was determined we experience the turf. Last week, he had already expressed his desire to take the girls sledding. As most of you probably already know, I am really not much of an outdoorsy sort of gal. I was hoping for a typhoon, an earthquake or even just a good old fashioned ice storm to get me out of this sledding expedition he had planned but luck was not on my side. The weather cooperated and so did I.
Don't let this face fool you, she really was excited!



See, I told you!

The original champions of the outing. Ella and I were the reluctant tag alongs!

Once again, as much as I hate to admit it, Jason was right. We all had a fabulous time. Grace went up and down that hill as many times as possible,

In between runs, Grace enjoyed watching another family tubing down the hill. She enjoyed it so much, in fact, she needed a few gentle reminders that she was there to sled also!

Ella took a few rides, exclaiming, "This is awesome." but soon lost interest in the sledding and went off in search of other fun snow related activities.

Such as snow angels....

And writing in the snow with a stick.

Lily alternated between riding the hills, crawling back up like a puppy yelling "Here I come Grace!"

And playing with sticks with Ella!
The girls and I are certainly lucky to have Jason as the man in our lives. He is such a wonderful daddy and husband. He loves taking his girls out to do fun things that I would not normally consider. He is my perfect complement and together we are able to give the girls a well rounded view of life.
Even with my frozen fingers and the snow down the back of my pants, every moment was made worthwhile because of.......
this smile and


this smile and


this smile and even

this smile!

While I firmly remain a "surf" girl, I found out even I can enjoy some "turf" every once in a while. Happy Snow Day to you all!

No comments: