Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gracie Lou.....

Another good weekend at the Kolb residence. Had some friends over Friday night, did a little furniture shopping on Saturday and church on Sunday. Nothing too terribly exciting so I thought I would take this opportunity to celebrate my biggest baby, Grace. Looking at Grace, I often see myself. Her perfectionist nature, her need for routine and her constant quest for control are a few of the characteristics we share. It is my hope she uses these qualities for good rather than evil! Here are the top 10 reasons why I just love her so much.....

10. She just couldn't be a better big sister. Always willing to help, console, teach, tattle, boss and torment just like a big sister should!

9. The cute way she purses her lips when she is playing teacher or mom. Her freckles on her nose. And how she calls toe nails, tony nails.

8. She is so predictable and set in her ways but just when I think I have her figured out, she does something to surprise me.

7. Depending on the day, I can see her as my little girl or my big girl.

6. She likes to arrange matching outfits for herself and Ella all the way down to their rainbow socks.

5. No matter where Daddy is going or what he is doing, she wants to go with. She loves her daddy.

4. Her big huge laugh usually coming at the expense of or as a result of something Ella has done.

3. How well she handles being the guinea pig. Being our first born, everything that happens and everyway we react to something new, is tested on her. She deals with it beautifully (usually). I wonder if that will continue into her teenage years????

2. Her observant nature combined with her memory make her our little radar. She doesn't miss a thing nor does she forget anything. She still talks about going to Schmidt's Bakery with Papa when she was two years old.

1. She made me a mom.

***Of course, there are many, many more reasons why I love Grace. For example, how much she loves games, scaring her sisters and playing tricks on people.

Also, her poker face (especially when Papa is trying to get her wound up). Her tendency to keep her feelings hidden has earned her the well deserved nickname of Stoneface!

I love you so very much, Grace.

No comments: