Thursday, January 22, 2009

Goodbye old friend, hello new....

Today afterschool it was noticed our old friend, Dorothy the fish had passed away. My poor tenderheart bear, Ella, was quite devasted. She immediately inquired if I had fed her this week at all which I quickly reassured her I had and that it was no one's fault that Dorothy died. She was a good old fish who lived a long and full life. She loved her castle in her aquarium and will be greatly missed. Grace really didn't care and Lily was initially very much in denial but then was thrilled when I informed her we would get a new Dorothy. When she happily relayed this information to Ella, Ella replied, "This is not exciting, Lily. It's sad".

While we are mourning the loss of Dorothy, we are happy to introduce the newest member of the Kolb Family, Poppy the Snowman! Lily and I took advantage of the awesome weather this afternoon and built the snowman Lily has been desperate for since the first snowfall. She was extremely pleased with the end result.




We just performed the ceremonial flushing. Ella excused herself, "Because I don't want to be sad. If I get sad, I will get a red face and I don't want a red face". Grace, Lily and I took care of business. Lily said "Goodbye Dorothy!" and then flushed her down. Tomorrow is a new day and I suppose a trip to Walmart is in order to pick up Dorothy #3.

"Animals are such agreeable friends-they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."
George Eliot

No comments: