Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Life With Lily.....

Lily is quite a character and this week she has provided me with much entertainment. Monday we had to make a quick stop at Shopko. She, of course, had Ralphie with her and asked if she could bring him in. I told her it would be best to leave him in the car so we didn't lose him. Reluctantly she agreed but told me, "When we get home, I am giving him a treat for being so patient." I thought maybe she would forget or she was just making a point but no way, as soon as we got home, she set about preparing Ralphie a little snack of chex mix and together they enjoyed their treats.

During our Shopko trip, we were in the Payless Shoes section and all three girls were going crazy, trying on shoes and trying to talk me into purchases. Lily is just as shoe crazy as the other two and was hopping up and down the aisles pouring over all the selections. Finally, she brought me a pair of Dora flip-flops and said, "Oh Mom, these shoes are incredible!". I almost cracked and bought them just because of her little face, expression and voice but I held strong and we left without the "incredible" flip flops.

Today she and I had volunteered a couple of hours of our day to help set up for the John Harris Elementary book fair. After selecting a beautiful butterfly adorned dress as the main course of her elaborate ensemble, she decided to do a little accessorizing......
Apparently she hasn't heard Coco Chanel's quote about looking in the mirror before leaving the house and removing one accessory. She was definitely the star of the book fair show today!

It is impossible to remember all of the funny things she says and does even though I try to write most of them down. Writing them down just doesn't even come close to doing her justice. How would I even begin to actually capture her essence? Beautiful, innocent, enthusiastic, wide-eyed, loving and sweet. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve an every day companion like Lily. I have the best job in the world.

"A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous....full of beauty and forever beautiful...loving and caring and truly amazing."~Deanna Beisser

No comments: