Sunday, April 5, 2009

The silver lining.......

As I prepare for this weekend's Easter celebration, I have been reflecting on the meaning of the holiday. Of course Jesus' resurrection is a miracle that none of us experienced but I believe we can glean a lesson from it and apply it to our every day lives. The lesson I have derived from this miraculous event is this: Good Friday was the worst day of Jesus' life. Tortured, ridiculed and finally crucified. A horror unlike any we can even begin to imagine. However, just two days later he rose from the dead and experienced the most glorious day possible. This may be oversimplifying it but still, what a wonderful lesson of hope! It is my hope that on my very worst day, I will have the internal fortitude to remind myself of this miracle and have faith that my very best day could be right around the corner. Hope is the belief one's situation can and will improve. However, hope is not something that is innate in us all. It comes easier to some than others. There are times when the darkness seems insurmountable; when the dismal threatens to overtake the light and it is at these times when hope and faith are most elusive but also most necessary. Just as in Jesus' life, things happen for a reason and things also work out as they should. We create our own realities but are also at the mercy of our destiny. How we choose to balance these two ideas is up to us. I believe we should all try to look for the silver lining in every gray cloud. It's there... no matter how faint it may seem. Have hope, have faith and have a wonderful Easter.

My beacons of hope!


"Once you choose hope, anything's possible."~Christopher Reeve

No comments: